Introducing Balance Insights, our op-ed section where we pontificate Deep Thoughts(Tm) about games, the game industry and/or maybe the professional world as well.
Our first piece in this category centers around what happens to the FGC now post EVO-cancellation and what things look like now for the fighting game industry in general beyond the community.
Topics covered include:-
* FGC maining just one game, not playing the genre. How this hurts events and industry
* Terrible FGC payout stories. Our different approach, no pools from player money or $$$ from devs
* Fighting gamers now essentially split from the broader gaming community
* How this happened - the gap between fighting game peak and SF4 Revival. Are there even new players today?
* Future of FGC. Introducing the FGE (E for Enthusiasts), is monetizing less competitiveness the answer?
This is in part a reaction to the disappointing but similarly named video from Maximillian Dood. We REALLY want to hear others' thoughts to this, The FGC hardcore are probably too close to the problem